- www.jobgateway.pa.gov (CareerLink)
- Google Drive template or blank document (must have free Gmail account first)
- Microsoft Word -- Do NOT use a template. Type in plain first, and we can help to format afterward.
If you are interested in working for a particular company, be sure to visit their website.
For example, www.walmart.com is the official Wal-Mart site. If you do a google search for jobs at Wal-Mart, you will see many sites that will not actually allow you to apply for a job. Only www.walmart.com has the official application.
- PA Job Gateway
(new name for
PA Career Link.
The Allegheny County office is at 2040 Ardmore Blvd., Pittsburgh (Forest Hills), with free orientations every Thursday 9am-3pm.
Serious about your job search? Click here.
They can help with your Participant ID, résumé preparation, interview skills,researching in-demand jobs, financial aid for education, dealing with a criminal background, and connecting to services like LIHEAP, homelessness, and bill paying help. Some locations have free computer workshops. You will likely need to visit the office multiple times to get the most complete help.
Note: they have a direct no-wait phone line to the unemployment office if you have trouble getting through. Also, if you get an invitation for unemployment PREP, you must go by the 2nd invitation or you will be ineligible for unemployment.)
(old Career Link page)
- Linked In (networking, including Jobs listings)
- My Next Move (US Dept of Labor)
- America's Job Bank / CareerOneStop
(US Dept of Labor)
- PA Civil Service job listings
- Federal job listings