- Mon Valley Happenings -- Community events, Church listings, Features
- wmck.fm -- online radio & talk from McKeesport and the Mon Valley
- Tube City Online (information, history and commentary)
- MonYoughObituaries.com or...
- Facebook pages
- Angora Gardens (variety of classes in arts & crafts, wellness, junior gardening, venue rental, free events such as Easter Egg Hunt)
- McKeesport Art Group (including shows)
- McKeesport Little Theater
- McKeesport Marina (McKee's Point)
- McKeesport Regional Heritage & History Center
- McKeesport Symphony/ Orchestra of the Alleghenies
- Mon Yough Trail (hiking, biking)
- Summer Concerts Series in Renzie Park
- International Village Festival
- Palisades (concerts, dances)
- Renziehausen Park (or see unofficial facebook pages: 1 or 2)
- Rose Garden and Garden Club in Renzie Park
- Baldwin Boro
City of Duquesne
- Elizabeth Township
- Forward Township
- City of Pittsburgh
- Duquesne City School District :: Calendar
- East Allegheny School District :: Calendar
- Elizabeth Forward School District :: Calendar
- McKeesport Area School District :: Calendar
- South Allegheny School District :: Calendar
- Propel Charter, McKeesport :: Calendar
- Virtuous Academy
- Mary of Nazareth Catholic School :: Calendar
- Serra Catholic High School :: Calendar
- Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC)
- Penn State Greater Allegheny
- Forbes Road East Area Vocational Technical School
- Consortium for Public Education
- Food Assistance
Call 2-1-1, or text FOOD to 877-877, or call 800-851-3838.
Allegheny County Food resources (all ages, all year).
- FREE Summer food for kids. Call 2-1-1 or see USDA locator site (enter ZIP code)
- Allegheny County Main site
- Allegheny Link: 866-730-2368. If at risk of homelesssness, over 60 or disabled.
- Allegheny County Tax Assessments
- PA State Web Site
- PA State Ethics Commission
PennDOT Driver and Vehicle Services
PA Local Government Services
PA Department of Agriculture
PA Department Motor Vehicles
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Department of Labor and Industry/Unemployment Compensation
- COMPASS: (Food Stamps, Medical Assistance, LIHEAP, other state health and human services)
- Here to Help - Resources for Coping in Tough Economic Times
- LIHEAP (heating assistance)
- PA Municipal Jobs
- Pennsylvania Bulletin Online
- Pennsylvania Code Online
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA)
- Pennsylvania State Data Center - Welcome!
- Allegheny County: Instructions for voting by mail/absentee ballot.
- League of Women Voters
- Vote411.org (LWV). Find candidates on the ballot at YOUR polling place.
- Pennsylvania Voting Information and Forms at votespa.com, including:
- ONLINE Voter Registration
(new voter or to update your name, party or address).
- Printable Absentee Ballot.
- Printable Voter Registration form (needs legal-size paper and must be mailed in to the county). You can also register at many local agencies.
- Register or find polling place by TEXT! Text the word "PA" to 2Vote (28683).
- Find your current registration status online.
- Problems at the polls? 866ourvote.org or call the Election Protection support hotline. On election day, it will be answered in real time by trained volunteers. After that, people can leave voicemail and have their calls returned in 1-2 days. The hotline number is 866-687-8683.
- It's all faster with your state ID / license number.
- ONLINE Voter Registration
- Click here to go to our more complete tax information page
- We have a large Western Pennsylvania collection of books and directories. It is for in-library research. Feel free to visit and browse!
- NewsBank has text versions of newspapers:
- McKeesport Regional Heritage & History Center (museum plus historic issues of Daily News on microfilm...)
- Ancestry -- census, military, city directories. Free in-library.
- Historic Pittsburgh -- University of Pittsburgh's Digital Research Library: Pittsburgh city directories, maps, images, census records and more.
- Heinz History Center --The Senator John Heinz History Center consists of the History Center, Sports Museum, Fort Pitt Blockhouse, & Meadowcroft rock shelter. There are also archives available only by appointment.
- IN Community Magazine
- KDKA Homepage
- KDKA Radio News Talk 1020 AM
- RealPittsburgh (WPXI TV)
- Times Express Star
- WDUQ 90.5 FM
- WQED Multimedia
- WPTS 92.1 FM
- WRCT 88.3 FM
- WTAE TV
- WYEP 91.3 FM
- Troop Banners --
McKeesport is one of several local communities participating in the military banner program. Click here for details for any participating community.
(Or click here for a link for the application/order form).
- Allegheny Link:
866-730-2368. If at risk of homelesssness, over 60 or disabled. You may be on hold for approximately 20 minutes. Help with shelter, hygiene, bills, furniture.
- Resources for Affordable Housing and furnishings (brochure)
- BigBurgh.com: Find good, free stuff -- homeless services like shelter, showers, first aid, meals -- also has button to contact outreach professionals quickly, plus hotlines.
- McKeesport Housing Authority (including section 8). 412-673-6942.
- McKeesport Housing Corporation (affordable rental and ownership programs)
- Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (including annual lottery for section 8 housing)
- Allegheny County Housing Authority.412-355-8940
- PAHousingSearch.com (Free rental and sale listings, funded in part by the state of PA)
- HUD - Housing and Urban Development (U.S.)
- Trulia: Trulia provides comprehensive real estate guides with up-to-date information about housing prices, real estate trends, market activity, and neighborhood information (schools, crime, community information).
Better Business Bureau
Regional Business Alliance
City of Pittsburgh Parks Guide
Allegheny County Parks and Recreation Page
Yough River Trail
PA State Association of County Fairs
PA State Parks
Heritage shuttle service is now available from Heritage -- there is a stop less than one block from our McKeesport location! It connects at Lysle Blvd. to PAT buses.
- FREE Travel Navigator Service: Can't figure out fastest or least expensive way to your job or doctor? Call 412-562-5104 for help with finding a route.
- PAT Bus Schedules - search by stop location
- Port Authority Transit (Bus Schedules)
- Port Authority of Allegheny County -- ConnectCard info. Also call 412-442-2000.
PA Department Of Transportation
- FREE STORE 15132. Located in Frable Building at Penn State Greater Allegheny. Free clothing, formula, home goods, & toys. 412-675-9181.
- Messenger Service: Located in Christy Park (3017 Walnut St.). 412-672-2221. Notary Service, Title Transfers, Vehicle and Driver's License Renewals, Change of Address, etc.
- Re:solve Crisis Network: If stressed or in mental health crisis. 1-888-796-8226. See Health section for main listing.
- Circles of Greater Pittsburgh:
Do you need help to reach your goals, get a full-time job, or manage your money? You are invited to weekly meetings in McKeesport to learn skills and get support. 412-465-0840.
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission(SPC): Official Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the ten-county region including the City of Pittsburgh and the counties of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland. SPC is responsible for planning and prioritizing the use of all state and federal transportation funds allocated to the region.
SPC also establishes regional economic development priorities(with U.S. Appalachian Regional Commission and the U.S. Department of Commerce).
The United States Conference of Mayors
Find your Federal, State and Local Government
- Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council
- United Way of Allegheny County (call 2-1-1)
- LifeSpan (for ages 60+)
- The Crew Missions -- Volunteers who help homeowners with small projects.
- West Penn Power -- outage map
- Duquesne Light -- outage map